1.23.2008

Twenty Eight


Just a couple weeks before I was going to make the life change of moving from a small town to the big city of Chicago, a tradegy happened in the life of my future roommate... her brother was killed crossing the street. He was 28. Fortunately, we still continued with our plans and ended up in Chicago delayed by a few weeks. The thing that stuck with me at the time and over the years was how his life was taken at only 28. I was 23 at the time, but I always remembered the number 28. So five years later when I turned 28, I thought it was my own destiny too. I don't know why, but I did. I also noticed how some other people, that had a wonderful life ahead of them, were also taken away at 28. These people were famous, so that is how we know, but I'm sure anyone that was taken at the age of 28 are just as important. So, when Heath Ledger died yesterday, the first thing I thought of was that damn number 28. Brandon Lee, who I felt Heath resembled with his makeup on when playing the role of the Joker, was also shockingly taken at 28. The list goes on, but 28 still remains. I though of Jim Morrison too, however, he was 27... close enough for me though. What about Kurt Cobain? Well, 27... but again close enough. Anyway, rest in peace Heath and all of the too young to be gone. I need to focus on something else now!

No comments: